Tuesday, January 15, 2008

more on my grandfather

He was a bit of a **cough** drinker. One day, when I was about 11, he shows up to my softball game w-a-s-t-e-d and cheering way too loudly. Ok, more like a red-faced hooligan at the world cup. People kept looking at him and then me and then back to him, waiting to see if we would put an end to it or probably hoping I would run off the field from the humiliation. Startled by my own response, I was laughing my head off. I could barely pitch, from doubling over. I also, felt this weird feeling of pride. Glad that HE was MY grandfather. The kicker....he was wearing a denim suit, complete with vest and matching denim pimp hat. only wish i had a photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude. that rocks. a frickin denim suit? oh. oh. oh. come on. who's with me?

Anonymous said...

totally rocks. I too miss my gramps!