Thursday, January 17, 2008

auditory hallucinations?

I'm on my way home from the torture chamber, aka the ghetto, aka work, aka my profession. At a red light and I hear a tune coming from the car beside me. (I drive home from there in silence to try to keep day chaos at bey). Not your usual thanksforsharingyourshitbagearwaxmakinggarbage. And, I might add, a tune one would not expect to hear on the corner of Bushwick Avenue, Brooklyn. I cock my head and try to process what I am hearing. It is!! It's the song from the silence of the lambs when Jame Gumb is dancing with his front-tail tucked betwixst legs. (aka Goodbye Horses, performed by Q. Lazzarus, written by W. Garvey) I almost snap my neck to lock eyes with whom i know will be my bff and what-the.....? It is a hispanic man in his late 40's-50's. Hmmm. I cock head again, waiting for the 'sample' to turn into a full toodle fest, or even a hip hop massacre. But nope. I smile throughout the 10 seconds it takes for the light to turn green. Goodbye my bff-o-h-m. Hope you have a good life. Thanks for a little sunshine in my pj window...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"gimme back my dog."
precious.