Monday, January 28, 2008

abortion

just today, i have a kid run into my office ready to blow and take down everyone around her. she is 17, crazy, has been abused (in every way imaginable) and is smart. for some reason, i am the only person that can de-escalate her. she has beaten up 3 staff members and is strong as an ox. she is prolly 6', 200lbs, and wild as they make'm. she loves me for some reason, and loves to spend time with me (in crisis state or not) and just hanging out with me for 20+ minutes calmed her down from beating up someone. in our discourse, she revealed to me that her best buddy (and lesbian lover-also one of my students) was pregnant. I listen, a bit incredulous because they had been staunch 'girls-only' girls for sometime. Then i hear, "You know 't' (that is my official school name-"t") pussy gets stale after awhile.....".

Long story short. PG girl will be having her 4th abortion,16 yrs old.
My fan. Has already had 4. age-17
My fans mother, has reportedly had 10. age 42

I am a very pro-choice person. But i am finding abortion as a means of birth control, a bit, um, unsettling.

1 comment:

Angelissima said...

God Bless Ya!
What a gift you have. You must feel a great sense of good knowing you make a diff.

What's with all the lesbianism lately?

3/4 of my daughters friends are "Bi".

Like, hey. Be Gay, Be Straight...but Bi? That's just not fair. Leave something for the rest of us!

I asked her counselor at school about this recent finding (for me anyway)I'm like, the stats are 0.03% of the American population claims to be bisexual and this entire section of the population attends Hillsboro High School. What gives?...he tells me its the moral condition of society today. Sexual experimentation is akin to what our (40+ me and the counselor...not to presume you are anywhere near 40) generation experienced with drug use back in the day...Now drug are just everyday stuff, no biggie.

Welcome to lilly-white suburbia.

Kids looking for love and affection anywhere they can find it. I guess its an age-old dilemma, brought so forward by media, et.al.

I can go on about birth control, but I've taken up too much of your time...

Just wanted to tell you I admire you and your commitment to the kids.