Thursday, February 28, 2008

grown up on the outside

wow. i am a little in shock about how i just spent my last 15 minutes. figuring out the exact date on which i can retire. some bill was just passed today, allowing me to retire with 25 yrs of service at age 55 (instead of previous 30/62). i can officially retire on march 17, 2022, with 30 yrs on the grind. happy birthday to me. 2022? sounds a l-o-n-g time away and a lot of "you fuckin' white bitch"es to come. hope we'll at least be riding around in jetson-like flymobiles.


update: turns out that I can officially retire on Dec 2, 2017 (9 and 3/4 yrs from now) but won't be able to collect pension for five yrs after that. So I will need to find a source of income for 5 yrs starting at age 50. avon rep, envelope stuffer, fluffer.....suggestions?

No comments: