Saturday, May 3, 2008

alternate life

Most people I know live in the suburbs. I prefer to shop for stuff in the suburbs. I occasionally fantasize about living in a nice, big house in the suburbs for the same price of my lousy-block hovel. I worry though. I have such good friends, so near, and so available. I can walk anywhere I need to go, for anything I need. What if we make the move and become so isolated that we never have drop-by visitors, no sense of community, et al, for 1K more living space? Not to mention that I don't think I could find a friend because I am too weird to have normal friends. I guess I just answered my own question. But it does offer some appeal.

1 comment:

suzyqpatch said...

it was a pleasure talking to you too at mamalizza's shower. oddly, i left brooklyn yesterday wishing i didn't live in the suburbs. it seems like you have such a great community of friends right there. plus, you have so many things to do and see right at your door. it's true, living in the burbs can be isolating, especially when you are as weird as me. and unfortunately, the only drop by visitor i get is my mother-in-law, which makes me wish/beg to live anywhere else but here.