Sunday, May 18, 2008

All's wall that ends wall


Today was the last day of the massacre at maujer street. The guys are finally done. All told, I didn't really lose as many plants as I had thought I would. Had to amend soil, and plants are puny due to my having to cut them all back, but with time they will flourish again. Really I guess it was mostly time that was lost.
But the icing on the cake? The neighbor came over today with an envelope for me. He said, " a little something for your troubles". I came inside figuring it would be a token gift certificate or something. $300 and a note saying, happy plant shopping! Plus we also got some firewood from the tree he cut down in back of his place.
Sometimes people can be really good neighbors. I wish this guy could rub off on the bastard on the other side of us.
.
update: on my way to work today, i noticed that inside his building, in a corner to the right is an altar with a small buddha and some christmas lights around him. also, lit candles at his feet. I love that.

3 comments:

andtheend. said...

looks beautiful. can't wait for my return.

Julia ATX NYC said...

Nice to see it in the light! you picked a great color, really offsets the green of the plants.

retotted said...

Aw thanks guys. Looking forward to the summer with you