Tuesday, March 4, 2008

target practice

My school secretary was shot today. One in the abdomen, one in the shoulder. While smoking a cigarette in front of the school. Pause. With a BB gun. Kids in the projects, having a little fun target practice from a window. She is fine. I shake my head.

As a kid, we would frequently use our friends as target practice as we pumped our "10-pumps" and have them walk back and forth like ducks as we shot at them. Getting hit did hurt, it stung, but not that bad. You took your turn and that was that. Unless you ran. Then you got the full ten pump straight in the ass at close range. I only have one remaining BB scar on my pinky. Mind you this was in fairfield county, ct. I shake my head.

Mind you, secretary was extremely upset. Emotionally troubled. Five days off with pay at tax payers expense. i shake my head.

my head never stops shaking.

2 comments:

mamalizza said...

when i was 8 or so i was shot sniper style while carrying 'chutes and ladders' to a neighbors house. again, fairfield county.

Gina said...

shocking.

i like to tell people that I was once got shot the ass by the Hall Twins, while walking home from school, but I think i just felt one whizz past my ear. I think they used to position themselves on the blind side of their roof.