Saturday, April 12, 2008

regret, maybe?

I did something the other night that i am not proud of today. We live on a horrible commercial block, trucking, and bullshit all day long. I get really angry about the disregard that they have about those of us who live here. I get really pissed, really, really pissed.. I hate them, they think i'm laughable. but they are really wrong.

There was a huge truck parked in front of our house for two days (blocking sun from my plants, blocking sun from our windows, getting my irish up).

So, i decide that it would be really good retaliation to creep out in the night and cover all the truck seats with ketchup. Despite GIHYB discouraging from doing it, I did it anyway. 24 oz of heinz.(and i also have a john-heinz-related sex-story)-later (sorry all you tomatos that died for this act). I was quite pleased about my stunt, until today, whereby they all stomped around in the ketchup that they had thrown onto my sidewalk and then poured turpentine (or something toxic)into my planters kiling many of my daffodils and tulips.

I'm feeling a little defeated. They are bigger and stronger than me. I call 311 on them all the time, but rumor is that they are mobbed. I need help in my fight. Ideas?

2 comments:

Angelissima said...

What if you just baked them some cookies and asked real sweet-like to park the truck someplace else?

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest stelthily (sp) and strategically placed poopie diapers under the seats.

Gina said...

Amazing that you could gain entry to the cab. Turpentine...on good soil...oh I don't know....That's gotta be illegal. I would do an Erin Brokovich maneuver. Get the name of the owner and call the guy. Tell him that you heard that neighbors in the area are becoming irate,complaining of turpentine odors and dead flowers...talking about calling the cops about the chemical used, and that it might be in his best interest to move the truck to avoid being implicated in the pending investigation. These truckers don't want any trouble with the law. I would also ask for fresh potting soil and offer to help them dig out the toxic soil. Offer them hamburgers and iced tea while they replant your bulbs. OR... paint your curb orange-yellow.