Wednesday, April 16, 2008

guess what I did today?

wrong.
wrong.
not even close.
bingo!
I went to a broadway show!
But not just ANY broadway show......
I went to see WICKED!
This was of course, not by choice. In fact, it was a real act of strength and consideration for others that dragged my fat behind to times square, a place I will usually avoid more fervently than a root canal.
Moms birthday. Sean and I ask what she wants. "To spend time with her kids, maybe see a show?" Next thing I know it, she's here for 3 nights and I have to see WICKED. Wha-wha-wha?
Middle of 1st act, I look over, fucking brother is sound asleep.
To be honest, I didn't absolutely despise it. It was w-a-y too long and the lyrics to the songs were brain-damaging, but the voices of the two leads were great and the sets are always pretty impressive. It was like a combination of all the modern 'my fair lady' rip-offs, carrie, and all those songs on the radio that i don't know.
After show, dinner and drinks. Sean gets to cruise after 3 beers. I got 3 nights? ah well. happy birthday.

No comments: