Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Be careful what you ask for

I grew up in a pretty religious family, and I truly believed my prayers were heard until maybe high school. My brother and I would sometimes pray together. He was almost 4 years younger than me and the only prayer we ever had in common was that our parents would get divorced. We both agreed that he would live with her, and me with him. Yes, they do not even have names or titles at this minute. Anyway, as of today, by the court of connecticut, my parents are officially divorced.

Of course, this is not what I had asked for 25-30 years ago, it is now a sad shroud that will always taint every holiday in ways worse than had been previously tainted. It will also infringe upon already limited time in terms of visitation time etc.

why didn't they do it when we were kids? Shit woulda been so much easier.

1 comment:

Rambler said...

Because they had to stay together for the kids....That's the irony.

My folks got divorced when I was near the end of high school. Should've gotten divorced before I was in elementary school. Actually, should've been divorced before I was born....

Sorry you are going through all this shit.