Wednesday, April 25, 2007

this blog scares me

I know that saying that makes me seem even older than I already am. People blog regularly and no big whoop. But for me, it's like eating a spider or something for someone else.

I've mostly always kept a journal, and it was a concrete possession, something I could hold and touch while containing the written versions of thoughts and feelings that I could not. I poured every thought on every thing into my marble notebooks, filling them up, then quickly hiding them in a dark chest in the bottom of my closet, praying they would never be found. When I was younger, I would take great pains to personalize my journal with stickers, doodles and decorations, but god forbid anyone looked inside it. Funny to call such attention to the outside of something and then 'slam' no further do you get. Hmmm...am I shrinking myself here?

Anyway. This is the exact reverse to me. Guts on the outside so to speak. I suppose that is because i assume that i may post the same type of things that I used to write in my journal. Most of my friends who have blogs rarely, if ever, post things of a personal nature-they mainly review and post opinions about the news and politics. I wonder what shape this will take, if I decide to continue with this.

No comments: